adkii
Newly Registered

Please help...I don't know what this is

Does anyone know what this is? I planted last year but I don't remember and I don't see it in my garden notes. I know that it's a perennial.
IMG_6123.JPG
Also, can someone identify this one, too?
IMG_6126.JPG
IMG_6127.JPG

applestar
Mod

I feel like I should recognize that first one but am drawing a blank.... is it supposed to have a flowerstalk when in bloom?

The 2nd/3rd is lamb's quarters. It's a weed but the leaves and tip sprigs are tasty when young and tender -- older leaves need to be de- stemmed. The leaves are furry and powdery and that can bother some people too much to eat raw, but they can be sautéed like spinach or added to soups. Those flowerbuds and flowers are yummy and tasty/nutty until the seeds harden. You don't want to let them go to seed. There are some cultivated varieties, too. They are also related to Orach.

applestar
Mod

Subject: Applestar's 2016 Garden
applestar wrote:
Today's harvest Image

TOP LEFT salad fixin's -- lettuce (thinned and cut-and-come IcebergA, Bibb, volunteer red, Mascara), Garden Cress, arugula, earliest radishes (bunny tail, Swiss melange), baby red Russian kale. yellow kale flowers and buds, violet flowers and baby leaves, plantain baby leaves, broccoli side shoots, magenta spreen/Spinach Tree (basically lambs quarters with magenta colored new leaves), red orach.

adkii
Newly Registered

yes, I think the 1st is gonna have a bloom.

lambs quarters???? oh my! I pulled the seedlings from my garden and potted them up since they were growing in with my tickseed. Guess I'm gonna sig them up...lol

Return to “Perennials”