plantie6000
Newly Registered

Is this plant dead? Can I save it??

Hi,

I found this plant on the clearance rack (it says "goldilocks creeping jenny" on the label) and got it thinking I might be able to save it. :roll: I have been watering it enough to keep the soil soaked since I got it yesterday. Could someone help me figure out if it is dead or alive, and if it's alive, how would I go about attempting to save it?? :?: I have included some pictures of it.

Thanks!! I would appreciate any advice!

~plantie6000
Attachments
plant5.jpg
plant4.jpg
plant3.jpg
plant2.jpg
plant1.jpg

applestar
Mod

Are you keeping it in a shaded location? Don't overwater, keep it out of direct sun until it perks back up.

plantie6000
Newly Registered

I put it in the sun this morning, but it's been in the shade all afternoon. I'm pretty sure most of the vines are dead as they smell like rotting leaves and are crispy. The only signs of life are the white roots and the bases of the vines which are green and thick. Do you think I should cut all the vines off and see if it will regrow? I've been soaking it with water frequently since I got it yesterday and the vines haven't perked up.:(

plantie6000
Newly Registered

applestar wrote:Are you keeping it in a shaded location? Don't overwater, keep it out of direct sun until it perks back up.
I put it in the sun this morning, but it's been in the shade all afternoon. I'm pretty sure most of the vines are dead as they smell like rotting leaves and are crispy. The only signs of life are the white roots and the bases of the vines which are green and thick. Do you think I should cut all the vines off and see if it will regrow? I've been soaking it with water frequently since I got it yesterday and the vines haven't perked up.:(

KeyWee

The roots look fine ~ cut off everything else. This plant will never be truly dead. I got a teeny-tiny little piece from a friend a couple of years ago, and I have it all over now. It is a great ground cover and really pretty bright yellow in the spring. Overwinters fine for me (I am in zone 7a ~ don't know where you are). I would get those roots in some soil and let it be.

Return to “Perennials”