akhenaton
Newly Registered

I would love some help to select a climbing plant

How do I stop it from growing into the neighbours side??
How do I stop it from growing into the neighbours side??
Hello there

I am a complete newbie at gardening and I haven't had much success yet in selecting plants. I want to plant - in a container - a climbing plant to cover the white wall on the photos attached. This is a top level apartment and the white wall is the adjacent building. There is automatic irrigation available and ready. Ideally, I want the plant to climb directly to the wall - it is a sort of plastic substance.
I am looking for something that is as low maintenance as possible and that will withstand the wind and full sun that we get up here. I can climb that white wall to trim it up there.
What do you guys suggest? And how do I go about it? One large container, 2 large containers?

Thank you very very much in advance for you help with this project :-)

Cheers
Attachments
this is looking down from the white wall - how do I stop it from growing down there???
this is looking down from the white wall - how do I stop it from growing down there???
over the white wall
over the white wall

imafan26
Mod

Does the wall belong to you or the neighbor? Vines that climb walls are hard to remove and they can leave marks on the surface of the wall. I don't know if vines climb plastic very well. They usually still need something to grip.
I would put the vine on a trellis in front of the wall and give it some space around the back so you can trim it.

akhenaton
Newly Registered

Thank you for your reply. The wall belongs to me.

Which vine would you suggest?

Thank you

Return to “Perennials”