opp2

Help with Plant ID

My neighbour, you know the one I trade plants with, she has a cool bush in the yard. It has dark green foliage, and blooms lots of nice pink flowers in late september. I asked her if it was an aster and she said it was something else. I thought she said zinnia, but maybe not...

Anyone have any idea. I know it's perrennial since it bloomed in the same place last year, it's a little shrub or bush, no more then 2 ft tall, and it has lots and lots of round pink blooms in it.

I haven't been rightup to it to look at the flowers, but I should....

any ideas???

alisios

crape myrtle?

opp2

Nope, here it is...

https://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa131/randalni/2007_10150001.jpg

Jess
Greener Thumb

it certainly looks like an aster :? She didn't say Michaelmas daisy? That is the common name for an aster. The only other thing it could possibly be is an Erigeron (fleabane) but that doesn't normally flower so late.

opp2

Yeah, I think it's an aster too. This is the closest I've gotten to it since I really started thinking about it. My eyes aren't as good as my zoom lens so until I downloaded this pic I didn't get the detail on the blooms.

Bless her, but her husband does all the gardening so I suspect she was guessing...

Quietly Awesome
Cool Member

Deffinately an Aster :D

tranquil_spaces
Newly Registered

could it be Coreopsis Tickseed?

Anonymous

I doubt it.

They are a pretty plant and do bloom till temps drop here in MI.but I will have to agree it is an Aster alpinus.

Kale :)

ccmac31200

I think it is chrysathemum it is a flower that looks like aster but the petals don't bend down it is a very bautiful plant they like full sun hope this helps

Return to “Perennials”