Hellosidney
Newly Registered

Did I kill my carnations and daisies?

Hello all! I recently had a baby and haven't had time to tend to my garden till now. I'm pretty inexperienced. I live in Ohio. I planted daisies and carnations last year and they aren't looking so hot. Is there anything I can do? I trimmed all the dead stuff off the daises

Last edited by Hellosidney on Mon May 11, 2015 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellosidney
Newly Registered

Here are the daisies

GardeningCook
Greener Thumb

Very doubtful you killed them. It's still very early in the grand scheme of things for perennials - especially in your location. Greenery looks good. Just give them some time & have patience.

LIcenter

Looks like the ground temps are still a little on the cool side. While the air may be in the seventies, the ground could very well be 20 degrees cooler.
BTW, congrats on the new addition. ;-)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I made a reply to this yesterday, but it disappeared. Basically I said they look pretty OK and no reason to think they are killed.

Water them occasionally if you aren't getting enough rain. Once they start showing new growth, give them some extra nutrients, compost or a mild fertilizer.

Hellosidney
Newly Registered

Thanks for the help! unfortunately, the carnation looks way worse now. The leaves(?) looked brown and dry really bad. I decided to clip them back but wasn't very successful at it now it looks even worse. Was I not supposed to do that?

Return to “Perennials”