LIcenter

Heliopsis 'Loraine Sunshine'

I've been searching for hardy perennials that are basically 'no muss, no fuss for a few neglected areas of my yard, and came across this plant. I checked with my local perennial grower, and found that she does grow them. After reading about them on this site, https://www.gardensplendor.com/corp/heli ... shine.html I've become quite intrigued. So the question is; Has anyone here heard of this plant, and or has grown it? I am shocked that it is hardy all the way to zone 4, so with our past and present winters I'd like to play it a little safer in my selections of future plants. Any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated.

Frank

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Re: Heliopsis 'Loraine Sunshine'

This looks like one to try. In checking (isn't google wonderful?!), the main plant is Heliopsis heliandroides, aslo known as oxeye sunflower or false sunflower. Native to North and Central US. As you are looking at a hybrid need to start with a plant, and should even get bloom first year.
Have fun!
Susan

LIcenter

Re: Heliopsis 'Loraine Sunshine'

Thank ya Susan, I'm really diggin this plant. If it weren't for the google my yard would still be all Marigolds, and Hosta's! ;-)

Return to “Perennials”