greenblossom
Newly Registered

Whats Your favorite lily?

Today at Walmart after buying a lot of on sale lily's, including 2 mystery lily pots (Tag "helpfully" says Asiatic Lilly, no color or anything else). It occurred to me how many Lilys there really are. So out of curiosity I'm just wondering if anyone has a favorite lily? Or non lily lily like daylilys?
I'm posting this in Perennials because lilys generally come back every year, but if it needs to be moved just let me know.

Rairdog
Green Thumb

Re: Whats Your favorite lily?

I like surprise lilly's. They leaf up in the spring and disappear. You can mow over them and forget where they were. Then first of August they majically appear with blooms. We also wait for the Asiatic's to loose their flowers and go on sale. Usually a dollar a piece.

Lindsaylew82
Mod

I have always had a soft spot for Lily of The Valley. The scent often takes me back to my childhood, gardening with my Daddy and Nanny. Very beautiful, delicate and nostalgic.

Here tiger lilies grow along the roadside. I've always enjoyed seeing them!
Lindsay
Upstate, SC
USDA Zone 7b/ Sunset Zone 31

catgrass
Green Thumb

I like the Asiatic lillies cause they smell soooooo good. But for show, I prefer the Amarylis and St. Joseph Lilly. You can cut them and vase them up and they last for several days.
zone 9 Southwest La.

imafan26
Mod

I like daylilies since they bloom for me nine months of the year vs a couple of weeks once a year.
Happy gardening in Hawaii. Gardens are where people grow.

Rairdog
Green Thumb

Here they come!

NancyJo

my very favorite is the Stargazer lily. They smell so wonderful! I'm on the hunt for some naked lilies to add to my collection this year.

Return to “Perennials”