gibsongirl74
Newly Registered

bearded iris help

It's been a very very wet summer this year in New England and it's my first year growing bearded irises. I've noticed what looks like fungus spots on the leaves. should I treat the leaves with some kind of fungicide or let it go until next year. Should I cut the leaves back? Any suggestions as to how to prevent it next summer? I'm not sure what to do where it is so late in the growing season. Thank you!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Once the weather cools off and it is going dormant, you would be cutting the leaves back anyway. So I wouldn't do anything now. Just cut it back at the regular time. Be sure you remove all the cuttings and trash them, not in the compost. Chances are when it comes back in the spring, it will be fine, with no sign of the fungus

roseycheeks
Green Thumb

Just wanted to let you see my Irises this spring, I am very surprised at the color. It was supposed to be purple when I planted them and they came up a beautiful copper color, and they were that way for quite a few years, this year they have come up purple! And boy are they gorgeous! :-()
100_4790.JPG

Return to “Perennials”