Sonflower71
Newly Registered

Phlox Question

Hi all, I have a question about phlox. I planted a bunch last year, they looked great, I lightly pruned at the end of the season. This spring a few bloomed then withered, they grew out, nice green ground cover, but no actual flowers. Other then pruning, what else could I be missing? Thank you

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

When you say "nice green ground cover" that sounds like you are talking about creeping phlox, not the tall ones?

Where are you located (what part of the world/ country) and where is the phlox located, like sunny area/ shady area? How have you treated it, re watering , fertilizing, etc? I'm not sure what pruning means in reference to creeping phlox...

Sonflower71
Newly Registered

rainbowgardener wrote:When you say "nice green ground cover" that sounds like you are talking about creeping phlox, not the tall ones?
I believe they are creeping, but they did grow tall
Where are you located (what part of the world/ country) and where is the phlox located, like sunny area/ shady area? How have you treated it, re watering , fertilizing, etc? I'm not sure what pruning means in reference to creeping phlox...
I live in NW Indiana, located in sunny/partial shade area. have need to water because all we get is rain for the last month. I have fertilized it. as for pruning I mean pruning, cutting it down some so the flowers will bloom. Which I read to do that and It hasn't.

Return to “Perennials”