Jana

Anemone bulbs? Can I store these somehow???

June 24, 2013

Hello out there! I need to know what to do with my Anemone St. Brigid flower bulbs that I bought weeks ago and never got them planted. Can I store them somehow for next year? I live in central Oklahoma, in Moore, and it is already hot outside, and will only get hotter in July, then August. The package said to plant them by the end of May. Can I put these in my refrigerator or freezer for planting next spring? If yes, should I put them in a Ziploc bag or something as well? The bulbs are still in their orig. packaging; plastic pouch that is aerated with holes.

Thanks very much in advance for any helpful advice,
Jana

southjersey

I just researched this myself after finding some bulbs I had put away and forgot about for a few years. From what I found on the web, do NOT put them in the refrigerator. Instead, put them somewhere dry and dark. I plan to put them in my basement where there is a dehumidifier. The things you want to try to avoid is the bulbs drying out completely or developing mold. So, avoid moisture and heat. A few comments I found said they planted some bulbs after years of storage and they still came up (even if it was just a few). Good luck!

Jana

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE ON STORING MY BULBS ! ! ! I know you had to do a lot of research for this! I spent an hour or two each day for almost a week and never found any helpful advice on the internet.

Helpful Gardener Forum Rocks!

Jana, the Bulb Novice

Return to “Perennials”