cassie50
Newly Registered

PHLOX LEAVES CURLING UP - WHY?

Hello,
I have groups of phlox growing in my yard in different spots. However, on one group, the leaves are curling under themselves - with no sign of bugs, worms, flies, or mold spots. I will attach a picture. What could this be! I had to pull all of them in fear of this spreading to other plants! Please help me! Does anyone have any experiences with this problem?

Thanks!

:?:
Attachments
this is the plant in question!
this is the plant in question!
ss.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 5164 times

applestar
Mod

Are you absolutely sure there were no sucking insects like aphids on the underside of the leaves?

Is there any conditions that are different where this was growing compared to other locations, like moisture levels, etc?

cassie50
Newly Registered

I'm positive! I've been opening these stems, leaves, veins for weeks. They've grown in the same location before, and I can't find anything on the internet about it! Driving me crazy!

suz9601
Newly Registered

Hi, I was wondering if you ever figured out what this was or if the plant died? My phlox look exactly like this. Thanks!

Lindsaylew82
Super Green Thumb

Did they get runoff or drift from herbicides used for lawn weed management? Like weed-b-gone or weed n feed? I have some tomatoes that look a lot like that.

City been spraying under power lines or anything like that?

Return to “Perennials”