Maureen57
Newly Registered

Like columbine but later in year?

I love my columbine every year in the spring, lots of variety and colors. easy to grow.

Is there anything with similar qualities that blooms later in the year?

Thanks for your recommendations!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Please tell us where you are located and what the conditions are where the plant would be. Columbine is a shade to part shade plant. Is that what you are looking for? Do you know anything about what your soil is like -- clay vs sandy, acidity, etc?

AdamKR

I planted a columbine in almost full sun and I can't believe it's still hanging on... I have been watering it a lot though, I don't think it's going to last but I thought I would at least give it a shot.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

This is the kind of thing that makes me crazy. Someone writes in asking for plant recommendations, giving next to no information. I ask a couple basic questions to be able to help (where are you located, are you looking for shade plants) and they never come back. Why bother to come and post the question in the first place?

Cola82
Green Thumb

I noticed it happens a lot.

It doesn't really make sense to me, either. Is really the only thing they ever want to ask?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I think it is an instant gratification thing. They posted on a Fri evening and didn't get a response until Sun AM (I usually do my best to make sure everyone gets a response quicker than that, but I was on vacation). And then when they did get a response, it wasn't an immediate quick and easy, grow this, answer.

Cola82
Green Thumb

Yeah, that makes sense.

Return to “Perennials”