roseycheeks
Green Thumb

Are these seedlings morning glories?

I dug(with their permission) in the neighbor's yard where she had morning glories last year, I got 2 seedlings that I planted in a pot so when we get the trellis fixed I can plant them outside. But these don't look anything like mgs, I don't know if these are the seed leaves or not, I hope I did not dig up the trumpet vine seedlings instead. I will post a picture of the front and the side of this seedling, do some of the different strains and different colors have different leaf patterns? Help please!Image And this is another view.Image

applestar
Mod

These are not morning glory seedlings. Sorry. :(

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You put this in perennials, but most of the common morning glories are annuals. They do tend to come back year after year, because they freely self seed. That means they are easy and quick to start from seeds. If you want some morning glories, just get a pack of seed from any store. Just be careful with them - they can readily get away from you and start taking over.

roseycheeks
Green Thumb

Sorry about that, she had such pretty ones and all different colors, I did not see one heart-shaped leaf in that area, and I KNOW that is where they were. I have Heavenly Blue planted in a pot and a whole packet that I have not opened yet and also some more Moonvine seeds and another packet of Morning Glories that I have opened but still have a lot in them. We have to fix the latticework around the front of the house so I can't plant them there right now, can I transplant them into a bigger pot and put some kind of wire or something like that for them to climb or can they be just one big happy mess? Will they still bloom and tangle around each other?

applestar
Mod

Morning glory family seedling is very distinctive -- they have a split-leaf seedleaves sort of like an M. Their true leaves will be heart shaped.

Return to “Perennials”