LA47
Green Thumb

New lily bulbs

I love all kinds of lilies and, with my barren yard, ordered 10 different varieties for a total of 34 bulbs from 4 different companies. I recieved all but the last order over 2 weeks ago. The last order are all heirloom lilies. I emailed them in concern over the lateness and was told that they wait until the lilies go dormant on their own as this makes the bulbs larger and stronger, most companies force dormancy. Anyway, I recieved them yesterday and was amazed at the size of the bulbs! I don't know if heirloom bulbs are naturally large bulbs but these bulbs are enormous! About 3 times the size of the asiatic and L.A, bulbs. I don't know if I'm allowed to tell the name of the company but they only deal in heirloom bulbs. They are a small company. I ordered 1 set of bulbs that are for a warmer zone and they caught it and emailed me to make sure I was aware of it and they wouldn't garantee it. When I recieved the order there was a hand written note suggesting I cover the bulbs with a foot or more of straw or compost or plant it 2 inches deeper. I know I'm going into great detail but I was so amazed at the personal service and the quality fo the bulbs that I had to let everyone know there are still companies that care.

ReptileAddiction
Greener Thumb

I think it is ok to say the company name. You are only getting them customers.

LA47
Green Thumb

Good, as I was really impressed with them. They are Old House Gardens.

Return to “Perennials”