RobertJohn
Newly Registered

Complete Beginner Looking for Advice to Get Started

To all,

It's late April-early May in Orange County, CA and I really want to learn how to grow flowers. I've always enjoyed having my mother's flower arrangements in the house as a kid, and I continued buying flowers to brighten my home. However, I now wish to grow my own and I want to become a good gardener.

The problem is that I am completely devoid of any gardening knowledge. Can anyone recommend a good primer or some tips to get started?

If you live in the OC area, could you recommend specific flowers that are best in our zone?

Some background info: I am willing to work hard at this and I am a diligent student. I hope to become proficient at gardening and would to hear any advice, suggestions, encouragement. I know that starting my own flower garden from scratch will take some labor and a lot of patience. I have those and only await the required knowledge.

Sincerely,

Robert

fancy

I live in Ohio but I will tell you to talk to your nurseryman for information about your area or zone. Usually they carry the plants that do well in your area and some even guarantee trees and bushes for 1 year from purchase. I have found living here and in Indiana gardening can be hit and miss but you can always fix it with something new.
Good luck :roll:

Return to “Perennials”