pondlady

How has yor garden done this year?

Mine has done really well despite the weird weather and the aphids. Walk with me in my Utah Flower gardens.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/82265630@N02/

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Stunning! But all of these are (beautiful) close up flower pictures. It would be nice to see a few bigger picture shots of what the gardens look like.

pondlady

L will add some to this gallery for you!

pondlady

OK! New pics are added. Should be the first ones one the page.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Very nice! Love the water feature!

Midwestguy

You have beautiful gardens, pondlady.
My hostas and Ninebark 'Summer Wine' are doing excellent. My mums are doing well but kept trying to bud out early. My lantanas are far outpacing everything. They absolutely love this 100+ degree weather we've been having. However, the Weigela 'Wine & Roses' shrubs I planted this past April are getting burned up even though I am watering them every evening. I may have to move the Weigelas if this drought stretches to next summer, which would not be unusual for Kansas.

Tina_n_Max
Newly Registered

Wow!

Just beautiful!

shadylane
Green Thumb

Not a very productive year. Due to lack the of rain for months on end, pressed hard with the intense heat. Extrem temps up at 108 for months. Watering, with what the well allowed. And that beinging the vegetable garden only. Still that was only keeping them alive. The out come of production is very,very poor.
This winter was very mild, and our spring burst out full of blooms, only to have a hard frost take it away. That was the begining of gardening failures this year. Now that I have an idea what to expect with the out come growing season like this one, I'll be garden smart for next one.

The flower garden, is sad but with only a few inches of rain the whole growing season..I found surprisedly wormwood to hold up great. Mother of thyme second following Purple cornflower barley holding coming in third.
On another note, field corn has burnt up all around here in my parts of the land, ears if any are very small. Look out for higher priced items, even fuel.

Return to “Perennials”