ShawnaHenry
Newly Registered

Help with drooping plants!

I transplanted a bunch of tiger lilies and they are drooping pretty bad they seem to have taken to the new area but now they are leaning on other plants. I'm just wondering if they will eventually stand up on their own or if they are gonna need some aid to straighten up again :D

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Tiger lilies are extremely tough and hardy; probably just suffering from transplant shock and will perk up again in a few more days. Keep them well watered (but not too wet) to help them recover.

They will survive it, but it wasn't an ideal time to transplant them. Preferably they would be transplanted in the fall after they are dormant or in the early spring before leafed out. To do that means you have to know where they are, so it is good to have the spot marked.

ShawnaHenry
Newly Registered

Thanks again Rainbow!!! :D I feel silly asking these questions but this is my year actually getting into gardening so I am lost! lol

mittengardener

When I transplant tiger lilies I find that tamping down the soil around them firmly to eliminate air pockets helps to keep them pretty straight, but some will inevitably lean over a bit. Just ignore it though because next year when they come back they'll grow properly.

Return to “Perennials”