Queenie26

How long will I wait for my carnation seedlings to flower?

I started sowing seeds last June and I have 5 inches tall carnation plants now...there are a lot of leaves and they're starting to get leggy but no buds yet..I already sprayed some flowering fertilizers to it but no effects so far..They're also getting full sun everyday and I water them like twice a week or sometimes once depends on their soil if it's dried already. Do I need to wait for spring for it to flower? Just an info, I live in the Philippines and we don't have snow or winter here so no need to worry about frost or whatever..I am really excited for it to flower since I haven't known anyone here who grows carnations, well I see pinks but not carnations.

Hortman

Hello Queenie. Your carnation plants are only 5 inches tall. They need to grow more
before they flower. Your watering schedule seems right. Avoid overwatering. Since
you live in a hot climate; give them a little light shade in the afternoon. I hope
that helps. Take care.

Queenie26

Hello Hortman, thanks for that advice, my carnations are doing really great now, I just can't wait for them to flower, I'm excited.. :D

sorry for the late response, got busy with work :)

Queenie26

and I'll post pictures soon :)

Return to “Perennials”