ESMcLane
Cool Member

relocating perennials

Hi!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer.

My fiance and I have a little garden filled with perennials- but we are buying a house and moving late July-early August. I want to take the flowers with me, but is it a bad time to move them?

We can keep the flowers where we are now until the fall, if we have to- but I really just want to take them over to our new house.

I can't tell you the names of the flowers- I could take pictures and put them up if that's easier. The peonies that I have will probably have to wait until the spring huh?

Thanks for your help!

shadowsmom

The peonies would do better with a fall move. Since they are done blooming now (or soon) they could, with a lot of loving care, take to the move the best during the summer.

Personally, since you could wait until fall to move everything that's what I would do. It's really stressful relocating perennials at the height of summer. If you had to move them it would be worth giving it a try, but since you have the option of waiting until fall I would do that.

Good luck with the new house! Take some time to move in, prepare your garden beds and in the fall go back and get your plants. :)

Return to “Perennials”