aqh88
Cool Member

spring beauty-storing bulbs

These little wildflowers pop up in the yard every year only for the month of April. I love seeing them and have not found them anywhere else. However we were evicted over a misunderstanding and my aunt/landlord basically losing her mind. I'd like to take some of these flowers with me so I shoveled a few of the bulbs up a few weeks ago and put them in pots. I figured it was probably better to dig them up after they got down flowering but they are hard to find then and I wasn't sure when we are moving. My potted plants look a little droopy but have produced seed pods. Does this mean they will survive? What is the best way to store them? We are living in a condo for a year or 2 with a small balcony and then hopefully buying a house. Should I remove the bulbs from the pots, let the pots go dry until spring, or keep watering them the same as if there was a visible plant growing in it?

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

I'd keep them in the pots and then water every two weeks even through the winter. You might forget if you dry them out and come across them someday and cannot figure out what they are and since they must be small this way you don't lose them.

Return to “Perennials”