Schila
Cool Member

Azaleas - Overwatering / Underwatering / Too much sun???

Hello:
A month ago our 12 years old beloved male dog passed :cry: and we decided to bury him in our backyard next to a our bedroom window on my side of the bed. The place where we bury him is part of the backyard so we decided to convert this side along the three bedroom windows into a flower bed and we planted around 8 azaleas :? , I would say 1' apart from each other. When we planted them they had flowers :) , today the flowers are gone, on some the leaves look burned :o . They are on the west side of the house which meand that here in Texas :flower: they get the morning sun.
I read that Azaleas are plants for shaded areas. We have a sprinkle system and they get the water from the system. What else can I do? They seem like they are not going to recuperate at all.... -helpsos-

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

The west is a good location for azaleas but it seems the wind could be playing a factor. You need to water plants in the winter as well so it could be a combination of lack of water and wind with sun. Need to change your watering procedure in the winter and possibly putting up something to deflect the wind away from the azaleas.

Return to “Perennials”