angel66rose
Newly Registered

Deer ate my day lily blooms - rebloom possible?

So, I was excited to see dozens of day lily blooms around memorial day. They started blooming, and then poof! All of my buds and blooms were gone! We have deer that roam the woods behind our house, and they must have come along to sample my day lilies! I was a day late with my deer repellant spray and am kicking myself now. The stalks have now started to dry out and die, so I've begun plucking the dead stalks, in hopes of generating new ones that will bloom. Is this possible, or will my day lily plants begin to die off completely? Are my hopes of regenerating blooms a lost cause? Will I simply have to wait for next year to enjoy blooms again? :(

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I have several daylily plants, but I've never had them rebloom. Mine are all old cultivars, however. There are newer varieties of daylilies that do rebloom. Are those the kind you have?

angel66rose
Newly Registered

Yes, my day lilies are the type that rebloom throughout the entire summer season. That's why I love them...a new lily each day. Unfortunately since the deer feast, I only have a couple short blooms left on one plant.

Return to “Perennials”