buddhaninja
Newly Registered

New Gardner from New Jersey

Good Morning All

I recently moved to NJ and inherited a huge garden. I am very excited and love gardening so far.

Two weeks ago, I bought a Fox Glove at Home Depot and planted it in a partial shade/sunny area.

This morning when I went to check on my plants and flowers it looked mostly dead. It was very wet around the base as we have been getting a lot of rain. Could that be why?

Is there anything I can do to revive it?

Plant food/fertilizer (is there a different between the two?)

Thank you for any help you may provide

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

The rain could be the problem. Does the soil drain well where you planted it, or does it stay soggy?

It could also just be transplant shock. Give it at least a week before you write it off.

Yes, plant food and fertilizer are the same thing. There are many different kinds, of course, some organic and some chemical. There are also many different concentrations. The NPK numbers on the label should tell you what kinds of plants a particular fertilizer is appropriate for. :)

buddhaninja
Newly Registered

Thanks so much for your help. I don't know about the soil drainage; it appears to stay a lil soggy.

I will give it some time, tlc and fertilizer and hope for the best.

Again, I appreciate the advice and help.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Don't fertilize it! :shock:

The last thing you want to do to a plant that's under stress is to fertilize it. It just makes it harder for the plant to recover.

Return to “Perennials”