Tyler

yellow iris

I just realized a plant in my garden is a yellow iris. It's placed at the front and only had one bloom on it. It's in a very dry spot. I think it's only been there for maybe a year (we've lived here 6mo's). It has many seed pods on it. I heard these can get 4-6ft tall and can be very invasive. Should I pull this plant out? Behind it is newly planted asiatics, blk eyed susan "moreno", bluebeard, and a pink spirea to the left about 3ft away. Thanx, Tyler

Gardena

Aren't irisis are bulbs?
If so I don't think they can be that invasive. cause if they start spreading too much just dig up bulbs as much as you want?
hehe I could be wrong.

Grey
Greener Thumb

Yes, irises are bulbs. I'm confused by the seed pods though!

marquest01
Newly Registered

All yellow iris are not invasive. If it is Iris pseudacorus it can be aggressive if it is in a bog condition (wet land or ponds). But in the garden it is kind of slow.

Do a search on the name above and see if it looked like this iris and then decide if you want to keep it in the garden.

Tyler

I did a search on it and that's the one. I cut the seed pods off it, not sure why :roll: I just panicked. But like I said, it is in a dry spot. Thanx Tyler

Return to “Perennials”