MrsKimmen
Newly Registered

Lily Question

:?:
So I was given some Seeds from a Lily plant. This Lily was very tall, single stalk, with orange lily/lilies on top. on the lily plants leaves between the main stalk and the leave there were black seeds. My friend's aunt picked the seeds off and told me to plant them. So last year I did, they didnt get very big, but this year they are quite tall already so I am thinking they are going to flower this season! But I have no Idea what kinda lily they are...I thought all lilies were a bulb. ? I have Day Lilies, so I know that is Not what they are, I also have lots of Asiatic lilies, this orange lily does resemble those, but the leaves are different. Any Ideas??
Thanks!

bullthistle
Greener Thumb

It could be an Asiatic but some plant seeds are not true to the parent and that's how sometimes we get new varieties.

MrsKimmen
Newly Registered

Thats what I thought too, but the leaves are different. I guess I will have to wait and see what they look like when they bloom.

*I can take a picture of what they look like now, if that helps anyone.

Thanks!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Pictures are almost always necessary to get a plant identified. :)

MrsKimmen
Newly Registered

picture below
Last edited by MrsKimmen on Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrsKimmen
Newly Registered

[img]https://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z106/melissakimmen/IMG00177-20100513-20432.jpg[/img][/img]

Return to “Perennials”