LilianMorris

Seeds for Astrantias (Hattie's Pincushion)

I think I messed up by trying to edit my earlier message: I wiped out the original message so I am going to re-write it here.
I get Victoria magazine and in the latest issue there was a write-up about Astrantias, also known as Hattie's Pincushion, Melancholy Gentleman, and Masterwort. It is a plant that was cultivated in Britain in the 16th century. The flowers are a very delicate pink with a deeper pink center that is surrounded with things that look like pins in a cushion. :) It has about 20 pointed petals. There appears to be several flowers to one main stem but eat flower has its own individual stem and leaf. I would like to send an attachment but can't seem to find any "attachment" button to click on. If there is someone out there that has some of these plants, would you be willing to share some of your seeds with me? Thanks for any help you can give me. I live in zone 8.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

We don't do attachments, but you can put in a link to what you want to show, like this:

https://www.bigdipperfarm.com/cgi-bin/searchstuff.pl?Botanical=Astrantia

Astrantia seeds are available from Burpee and others, but it has a reputation for being kind of difficult to start from seed. I haven't tried it myself.

LilianMorris

Thanks for the reply. I opened the URL you sent and could see the picture of the particular Astrantias I was talking about. Unfortunately, it isn't for sale, only referenced. Another question for you: How do I get the picture from the catalogue on to a post? I tried copying and pasting but it didn't work. I feel like a real dope. -helpsos-

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

You don't get the picture from the catalogue onto a post, you just link to it as I did.

When people post pictures here, it is their own pictures that they have taken and then posted online with some kind of photo - hosting site like photobucket. Instructions for that are in the introductory section, Helpful Tips and Suggestions for New Members.

LilianMorris

Thanks for the reply; you have been very patient with me and I appreciate that. :wink:

Return to “Perennials”