Franco

Bad bulbs?

I was searching through the garage to clean out some stuff with my mom and we found a brown paper bag with bulbs in them( we have NO idea what they are). They were dry and looked fine so we planted them. Everything was going fine, they started to open and you could see the nice firm colorful flower starting to come up. I went out to look at them one day and all the flowers were all mushy!! It looked like very very wilted lettuce, except fatter. The stalk is still growing and it looks ok but there are no flowers. WHAT HAPPENED!?!?!?

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Hi Franco! Not knowing where you are posting from, I do not know your climate, but could it have frozen or frosted overnight? If so, that would explain the mushy flower, but the main plant still fine. I don't think it is the bulb being bad, because it just wouldn't grow at all. When it bloomed, could you tell what it was? :wink:

Val

Franco

I live in new jersey in a town near chatham and harding, I couldn't tell what kind of flowers they were :shock:. If I pull the flower out, will a new one grow back?

Return to “Perennials”