carrie
Newly Registered

Dusty Miller - wilting

Hello, I'm very new to gardening and am already killing one of my plants: a tray of Silver Dust/Dusty Miller has wilted and appears to be turning from silver to green after only 3 days in my charge. I've left the plants in the trays I bought them in, watered them, and put them in my backyard in part shade. Any idea what the problem might be?

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Well, if it has been hot, the plants may have been overheated, if it has been cold at night, the plants may have frozen in the small pots. I would get them in the ground with a good watering and an application of a good organic fertilizer such as liquid fish or liquid seaweed. Dilute as per the instructions on the bottle.

carrie
Newly Registered

I figured out the problem: because the plant wilted so quickyly, I figured I hadn't watered it enough.... and that turned out to be the case. (I had read that it prefers hot/dry conditions...)

much thanks,
carrie

opabinia51
Super Green Thumb

Hi Carrie,

a weely dose of liquid seaweed or liquid fish (stinks but, is really good) will really help your plant as well.

Not that they are related but I have been rejuvinating my landlords Rhodo by pruning off the deadwood and fertilizing each week. The plant is starting to look great again

Return to “Perennials”