duncan_mackenzie

What is the correct name for this chrysanthemum

Dear All,
I got this Chrysanthemum from a Garden Centre and the label just said Garden Mum, It was in the Perennial section. I have never seen so many flowers on a plant before! It is too big for the small border I currently have it in and I am going to pot it. If you could identify it for me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

https://s643.photobucket.com/albums/uu152/duncan_mackenzie/

Susan W
Greener Thumb

The mums sold in the garden centers now are lovely and full. Have been pinched and groomed and fed etc to get the full display. I have picked up some 'on the way out'. When finished blooming, cut back to 3" or so to the full green on the bottom level. You can plant that in a place with enough room. If it makes, is a bonus, if not, oh well. I have some in bloom now from last fall's bonuses.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I was hoping someone would know the answer to that, because I have one that looks JUST like that, that came with my house, so I don't know the variety either. But I can tell you that 8 years later it is still going strong with minimal care (while a white variety that also came with the house died out). .. So enjoy. It does keep blooming better, if you are faithful about deadheading.

Return to “Perennials”