clintbonnie
Newly Registered

Help indentify White flower

Wondering if anyone out there can indentify this white flower, which has daisy like blooms towards the bottom, getting smaller and smaller towards the top. here is a pic...
thanks for any help... Bonnie
[img]https://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/clintbonnie/100_1588.jpg[/img]
Last edited by clintbonnie on Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Briarwoods

That link brings me to your sign in page only...

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

Don't you hate that when you see a plant you like in a magazine, and they don't tell you what it is? This one is "Lysimachia clethroides" or more commonly known as "Gooseneck Loosestrife". This plant grows to three feet tall, and is a good cutting flower. It is a very easy plant to grow, and spreads very easily, so if you are going to plant it, be sure and contain it somehow. They prefer well drained, moist soil, in full sun to partial shade.
Hope that helps! :wink:

Val

clintbonnie
Newly Registered

Grandpasrose...Thank you, Thank you !! I just love the looks of it.. and I want to get some for my garden.. You are a big help.. Bonnie

Grey
Greener Thumb

Wow - I was going to call it Buddlia or Butterfly bush: https://www.naturehills.com/new/product/shrubs_productdetails.aspx?proname=Butterfly+Bush+-+White&ovmkt=6TL4TEQ1FFTRVQI52E5G63E95O

But I think Val has it right! They do look similar to me but the blooms on the butterfly bush are not so long nor graceful. And the leaves appear a little shorter, if a similar shape. Good call!

grandpasrose
Greener Thumb

You are very welcome Clintbonnie! Always here to help!
Gray, it was an easy call, cause it's a flower I have always like myself!! :lol:

Val

clint bonnie I think is is gooseneck loosestrife it is differt than the purple loosestrife is taking over our swamps and such so they don't sell it nomore in our area in zone5a

Return to “Perennials”