ncsun
Newly Registered

can someone identify this beautiful plant

This perennial plan was in my garden when I moved here in PA 3 yrs ago. It is self seeding, and produces flowers constantly from mid May to mid October. It has leaves that are similar to that of mums and tiny flowers that resemble daisies with a yellow middle and lots of white petals. I was not able to find a picture of this plant on the web nor could my local nurseries identify it. One said it was a form of a mum and another said it was a wild flower. I not so sure about that. Any help with identification will be greatly appreciated. I hope I have posted below the picture of the plant successfully.
Thank you
Vera

https://photobucket.com/ncsun
I don't think its working-sorry

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

That is a white chrysanthemum, I'm fairly certain. :)

ncsun
Newly Registered

Thank you, I do think it's a type of mum, however I was not able to find a name or any pictures of it on the internet. Any suggestions on how to go about identifying this flower?
Thanks,
Vera

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I reread your original post. Unfortunately, I'm not able to ID the variety of the plant. Based on the size of the flowers, though, I'm almost certain that it's a domestic variety of chrysanthemum.

Bahia dissecta is one type of wild chrysanthemum, but I'm pretty sure it always has yellow flowers.

Another of our members may still chime in and be able to ID your plant for you. :)

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

Hmmm. I can't get the photo to show up for me. ??

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

cynthia_h wrote:Hmmm. I can't get the photo to show up for me. ??

Cynthia H.
Sunset Zone 17, USDA Zone 9
I know. Click on the link, then look on the left of the photobucket page. You should see the word Albums, and under that, two tiny little thumbnails. Click on them, and they'll open in the main area of the page. At least, that's how I did it. :)

Return to “Perennials”