sweettoothlady
Newly Registered

Asiatic Lily

Hi,

I bought an Asiatic Lily (Salmon) about a month ago. It is planted in a partly sunny/shady area with some mulch added to the soil. It has bloomed three lovely flowers, but now I am noticing that the tips of the leaves are turning brown. Closer to the bottom of the plant, perhaps about 2 inches from the ground all the leaves are brown. I have been removing them from the plant. Our area has had quite a bit of rain lately, and I have been watering it also at times. Do the brown leaves mean too much water? I have never had an Asiatic Lily before and I would hate to see it die. The flowers were so pretty. Even the one remaining unopened flower looks like the petals are turning brown before it is even open.

I would sure appreciate your help, because I would like to buy more of these lovely plants. Thank you.

The Helpful Gardener
Mod

Don't panic. Yes it's probably overwatering, but back off and you shouldn't have any more problems. Too much water is as bad as too little; a little spray of neem oil wouldn't hurt either...

Scott

sweettoothlady
Newly Registered

Scott,

Thanks for your help. I will back off a little with the watering, and get some neem oil.

Brunkers
Newly Registered

Depending on what soil it is in as well it could be buried to compacted, perrenials like a little mixed loose soil condition I have found.

Brunkers

Return to “Perennials”