bali

Amaryllis was a flop this time.....

Any one have luck reblooming amaryllis?

My 4 didnt bloom this time.

Besides being pot pound and lotza food , where did you put them in the summer/

Trish-A

I have three (red) that reach about four feet tall. Mine normally bloom in December after a winter nap in the coolest part of the basement.

The cycle I follow is after blooming and the weather permits I move them to a shaded area on the back porch where they spend the summer. I leave them there watering regularly until the foliage dies back in the late Fall, but not allowing them to freeze as the weather turns colder. I trim the dead, lightly water and move the plants to the coolest part of the basement and wait. It's usually in late November that I'll notice the center flower buds starting to emerge and I move the plants upstairs and begin to water again.

From what I've been told is that the plant will be far less likely to bloom if it doesn't go into the dormant cycle.

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

My method is similar to the previous post. My plants have rebloomed each year, blooming in the early spring. After the weather settles I move the plants outside in the shade of a large oak tree. They stay there until the tops die back, but are moved inside before any significant kind of freeze. I repot the plants into fresh potting soil prior to moving the plants back inside. Over the winter, the bulbs are given very little water, just often enough to keep the soil from totally drying out.

Return to “Perennials”