moosetracker

astec lilies and moles??

I had astec & some oriental lilies and they were growing well & multipling. I was going to start dividing and giving out to friends. Then they all were gone, the same year we got a mole problem. Daylilies were still fine, just the astec & oriental lilies.
I tried a few times and they never grew again. Now this year we got rid of the moles, with trying the sonic poles in the ground. spring came and no tunnels.
I want to try again, but I am unsure if the moles were the problem.. Or if the lilies is what attracted the moles to our yard in the first place.

does anyone know if moles eat lily bulbs? Or is it just a coincidence, and they will die regardless?

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Moles are carnivores. They eat earthworms, grubs, etc.

[url=https://www.backyardnature.net/moles.htm]Click here[/url] to read about moles. :)

moosetracker

thanks, you answered my question in more ways then one. I had voles, not moles. I saw one of the critters, and it looked like a vole, and they DO eat flower bulbs.

the voles make those tunnels too. So even though the sonar tubes only state they get rid of moles & gophers they must get rid of voles too.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Glad to have helped! I hope you're successful in getting rid of the voles! :)

Return to “Perennials”