catdaddy66

This is an addiction!

It's been over a month since I began germinating my first seeds of the season (3/2) and... I can't stop!! Lol 😆

Seriously, I told my brother that I was done planting seeds 2 weeks ago yet here I am putting habanero seeds in starting mix. Do I need more hot peppers at this point? I think not because I have around 15-20 serrano, jalapeno and Carolina Reaper seedlings, but no habs. What is this compulsion to grow what's not necessary, just because I can??

It's a condition that I have grappled with for about five years and it's only getting stronger. Oh well, my family and friends will be getting some care packages I guess.

imafan26
Mod

Yeah, it is hard to stop once you get started. It gets worse when more seeds germinate than you expected and you have to find room for them all. It is still a little too cold for me to start the super hot peppers. My night temperatures are still 68-69 degrees. That would be fine for the sweet and some of the hot peppers but the super hots will germinate better around 80 degrees. I have some Thai peppers now, that I have to transplant from 4 inch to 1 gallon pots. Then, I have to find somewhere to put them.

catdaddy66

And now I have 25 seeds each of red and orange habaneros germinating! It's oddly satisfying but overkill certainly. And to make matters worse, I'm not the type of person comfortable with culling seedlings. I want them all to make it to produce fruit. I've told my brother in law that when he tills my space I want it twice the size of last year's!

I am saying this in obvious jest, as I enjoy the whole process of showing, germinating, transplanting and nurturing these plants throughout the season. I poor mouth and bemoan my station only as a way to marvel at the process.

applestar
Mod

:clap:

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”