applestar
Mod

Let’s make fun of some seed starters and gardening stuff ads

It’s that time of the year — spring is in the air and marketing efforts to sell gardeners “things you need” to grow better gardens this growing season have been stepped up to maximum. It’s not surprising you find some advertising and even simple displays that are funny if you know what you are looking at.

A couple of years ago, even the big orange box store had a TV commercial “let’s do this” in which they showed someone enthusiastically planting a tree by pulling it out of a pot and plopping it directly into a hole EXACTLY big enough to hold the pot-shaped rootball. hahaha I got such a kick out of that one.

How about this one? I looked at it because I was attracted by the color, but when I looked through the photos ...well, the “tomatoes” and lotus-peas were too hilarious to consider buying from them. Look and come back if you think that was funny.
Toil in the Soil 9-Cell Seed Planter -
Link: https://a.co/cbFx8AJ

Have you seen any other funny gardening product ads and displays?

SQWIB
Greener Thumb

Yep after reading this I ordered a hundred

PROMOTES ROOT GROWTH - Indoor grow tray produces large healthy root systems lending to high success rates when transplanting starts
EFFICIENT TRANSFER OF HEAT - Individualized cells allow heat to easily penetrate and keep soil at consistent temperatures. Ideal garden seed planter for indoor home and greenhouse use.

SQWIB
Greener Thumb

I was looking into growing potatoes this year.

What do you think?

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”