ZorbarPTLX

First Try - Hot peppers seeds with IKEA Vaxer

Hi there,

First of all, excuse me for my English. I live in Portugal, in Lisbon and as we have here an excelent sun, almost all year, I decided to grow hot peepers.
After a failed experience (wrong timing) last year, I've started this spring, growing Carolina Reapers and Trinidad Moruga Scorpion.
This time I give a try to the IKEA Vaxer hydroponic system and I'm amazed. I've started two weeks ago, and some seeds already germinated and seems like they are going well, both Carolina reaper and Trinidad Morouga Scorpion.
As a newbie and as I don't have space for large hydroponic systems, I would like to ask your advice how and when to move to soil (if so) the plants when they get bigger? should I do that or try to keep them in water?
Here are some images after two weeks
20170321_073051.jpg
20170321_073058.jpg

ZorbarPTLX

UPDATE:
Plants start to develop a second pair of leaves and they seem prety well.
20170327_074223.jpg

ButterflyLady29
Greener Thumb

I have never grown peppers in a hydroponic system. I put pepper seedlings in larger individual pots (one plant per pot) just as the true leaves come out. The first pair of leaves are cotyledons. The next leaves are true leaves.

ZorbarPTLX

ButterflyLady29 wrote:The first pair of leaves are cotyledons. The next leaves are true leaves.
That's why I like forums. Always learning. I didn't knew that.

here's an update as I've placed a LED light (also from IKEA Vaxer system).
20170329_071855.jpg
20170327_223559.jpg

applestar
Mod

The light looks way too far up above the plants, though in the photo it seems bright. Can it be lowered -- height adjustable?

I love this phase when the seed leaves are spread and they look like they are little promises. :D

ZorbarPTLX

applestar wrote:The light looks way too far up above the plants, though in the photo it seems bright. Can it be lowered -- height adjustable?

I love this phase when the seed leaves are spread and they look like they are little promises. :D
The light is attached to that holder that you see and can't be lowered. never the less it's very bright and the plants seem to be developing quite well. Let's see what happens.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”