ace1719

What am I doing wrong?

So, I started quite a few seeds earlier this year (February, March), and things seemed to be going quite well. I decided that it was time to begin preparing them to be hardened, so I brought them out to my garden during the day and watered them. I garden on my roof, so it does get quite windy, but I put them between my raised beds to block some of the wind. While they were healthy when I put them out, they looked decidedly unhappy at the end of the first day. Even reasonably hearty plants like brussels sprouts and basil were looking wilted and sickly. I decided to transplant some of my tomatoes (indoors) because they were towering over my pepper plants. None survived the transplant.

Even my extremely large, 8 month old pepper plant looked poorly after one day outside, and that things is a beast.

Indoors, I kept them under red and blue LED lighting, and watered them daily. Does anyone know what is going on?

imafan26
Mod

You probably hardened them off too quickly. Usually start with a cloudy day in the shade for an hour at a time and gradually extend the time and move them out slowly to the sun. It will take a couple of weeks at the earliest.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”