JC's Garden

It's a bit on the warm side.

Standing on the back porch. Got on flip flops and shorts. Too warm for a shirt. It looks like my little 6' x 8' greenhouse barfed up about twice as much as it could possibly hold. Sometimes it's hard to believe how fast these little plants can grow. Had I not moved them out they would have gotten even more leggy than they are. I can't ever seem to get my timing right. I'll be a week or better ahead of schedule, due to the warm weather. Well .... I'll take this over frost any day.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

I know how this goes ... altho' I try to blame being better at starting plants than I'd given myself credit for ;).

This late winter, we are having record warm days -- in just about the opposite corner of the country from you. This might interfere with my claim on above-expectation skills. Hopefully, I'm not messing up on scheduling if things turn around and we have a normal spring :? .

How do we know? A lot can happen weather-wise in a couple of weeks.

How anyone can make a backyard greenhouse function without either major automated systems or having someone at home nearly every hour of the day, I don't know! The tendency is to coddle them with warmth but why start them indoors and in greenhouses if it isn't to coddle them?

Packing 'em around the yard for hardening off must be in full swing, for you now. I'll get to it ... oh, the places I'll go ... not

;) Steve

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”