applestar
Mod

Re: Week 1

News flash! Someone at another forum was also growing Endless Summer tomatoes from packet of seeds from Walmart, and whether it's GMO and whether it's the same as the one in the study came up for discussion. She contacted Burpee and with some perseverance, obtained the following information:
Apr 16, 2014
Burpee replied again.

"Regarding this variety, our Endless Summer is not the same tomato used in the GMO study to which you refer.

The people who conducted this study likely never registered the name Endless Summer with the USDA as when we named our tomato and registered it with the USDA the name had not already been registered.

We would not have been able to use that name if it had. The tomato is completely unrelated to the GMO variety.

I checked a packet of Endless Summer tomato from our Walmart line and the lot number 16 is from Holland."

Customer service apparently gave up, because this was a reply from one of their horticultural experts.
(I asked and received her permission to copy and post this here.)

So, there you have it. :wink:

Glassonion91168
Cool Member

applestar wrote:News flash! Someone at another forum was also growing Endless Summer tomatoes from packet of seeds from Walmart, and whether it's GMO and whether it's the same as the one in the study came up for discussion. She contacted Burpee and with some perseverance, obtained the following information:
Apr 16, 2014
Burpee replied again.

"Regarding this variety, our Endless Summer is not the same tomato used in the GMO study to which you refer.

The people who conducted this study likely never registered the name Endless Summer with the USDA as when we named our tomato and registered it with the USDA the name had not already been registered.

We would not have been able to use that name if it had. The tomato is completely unrelated to the GMO variety.

I checked a packet of Endless Summer tomato from our Walmart line and the lot number 16 is from Holland."

Customer service apparently gave up, because this was a reply from one of their horticultural experts.
(I asked and received her permission to copy and post this here.)

So, there you have it. :wink:
Well thank you!!! That's so great. :-) They're doing great already and I can't wait to plant them.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”