LordJenkins
Newly Registered

Eucalyptus Deglupta (rainbow eucalyptus) Troubles!

Hey everyone,
So I've tried germinating different batches of eucalyptus deglupta three times now. Each attempt, almost all of the seeds sprout, yet they only last a few days, a week at most, and then all inevitably pass away. I've kept a constant warm temperature and humidity, yet I feel I must be doing something horribly wrong given the same outcome has happened three times now.

If anyone has any suggestions, methods that have worked for them, or know of a possible reason this is happening (so I can adjust my future attempts) all information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Leon

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Greetings, I've planted three variety DALRYMPLEANA, COCCIFERA and PAUCIFLORA. All sprouted and did well here in the mountains but didn't survive the winter. I didn't try keeping them in the greenhouse, maybe older trees say second or third year might be able to survive the snow pack. These grow at and around Thredbo, the ski area. I may give them another try.

Eucalyptus seem not to mind acid soil, we have that up here.

These were bought at: Royston Petrie Seeds
77 Kenthurst Road Kenthurst
P.O. Box 77, Kenthurst, 2156

I think that was Queensland, information will know from the zip.

They could give you information regarding the problem, and you may be able to contact them by phone. Good luck with them.

Richard

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”