lovebodysoul
Newly Registered

Newbie needs help!

Okay, so, this seemed like the best place to post this. This is my first attempt at gardening. Okay, first "real" attempt. I had a few container things in New Mexico, but it was on a shady balcony and yeah, everything died. Now, I have a house, and a real, in ground garden!

I'm horrible.. awful even.. at weeding my garden. I started putting grass clippings in to help, so slowly it is! BUT, I pretty much put seeds in places, and can't remember which seeds I planted where, so when a few popped up.. so did grass or weeds.. I let a plant grow that seemed to look more than a weed, but I have googled my hands off, and can NOT find out what it is :/ I'm hoping to get some help here! Here is a list of what I have planted. I have other things planted, but I know what they are!

-cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, sweet peppers (a couple different brands/types), a hot pepper mix from gurney's, and I *think* tomatoes.

I just remembered that there *might* be tomato seeds in there, but I don't think there are. (they kind of resemble tomato flowers I'm noticing, except white, not all yellow.

Sorry for the newbie question! I just want to know if it is actually a weed so I can pull it if so! Thank you for any help!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Maybe tomatillo or ground cherry.

Eric

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm not sure, but it would help if you would put something about plant ID in your title. There are some people around here who are excellent at ID's but won't find your post the way it is. Also please tell us where you are located. Welcome to the Forum!

lovebodysoul
Newly Registered

A friend of mine helped me figure it out! Turns out, it was a weed.. black nightshade to be exact! I'm glad I found out, so I could pull it since it's highly toxic!

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”