sleepingciv

Why didnt my seeds grow?

Hope this is in the right area :)

But we planted like 100 or close of crimson watermelon seeds Id say month ago was very beginning of June. Anyway, not one seed produced anything.

I read before I planted that if I wanted I could soak them over night in water. Like in a wet paper towel or in a glass of water.
Read mixed reviews on that so we just planted dry since our dirt is pretty decent at holding moisture .

Any ideas?
Also is it to late to try again?

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

I'd like the answer myself. Too much water, too little, birds, bad seeds. Watermelon are not usually hard to sprout.

I planted a new type of beet this year, not one sprouted. I planted more from the same pack and got a few sprouts about 10%.
It could have been the seeds.

Richard

applestar
Mod

I had a feeling of deja vu :lol:
Take a look at this thread and see wht you think :wink:
:arrow: https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=45332

sleepingciv

Very interesting. I wonder if my soil is to moist and cold naturally?

Although I think I did find one that sprouted up :)
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/vi ... 10&t=53479

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I'm thinking too cold. Melons are the warmest of warm weather crops and should not be planted until soil temperature is 72 degrees or more. You are in Indiana and I believe a month ago it was still pretty cool there, like where I am; we had a slow spring this year.

If those are the Sugar babies, you still have time to plant more. They are about 3 months from seed to harvest and you still have more than 3 frost free months.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”