imafan26
Mod

Need help starting ghost pepper seeds

I can usually start peppers without a problem. But I have tried twice with no success. Any tips? Has anyone used saltpetre to start seeds? I find it kind a weird to use stump killer for seed starting.

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

What on earth do you do with Ghost Peppers?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Weaponize them - makes great pepper spray for self-defense applications! :)

You didn't get an answer imafan, and I can't help never having tried them. I have read around here that ghost peppers are very slow to germinate, way slower than other peppers. So maybe you just have to have patience. And no I have never heard of using saltpetre for seed germination. Educate me?

valley
Greener Thumb
Location: ranches in sierra nevada mountains California & Navada high desert

Wouldn't a 9mm be better?

I guess you could use a piece the size of your little finger nail in a large pot of chilli. You could put it on fried chicken, a very very small amount. They are said to be 1,000,000 on the scale.

Imafan has a plan, I was wondering what it is.

cuttingedge

I don't know about the Ghost Peppers but I have started Carolina Reapers this year. They were slow to germinate but have all come up over the last two weeks. I use a seedling heat mat which I think really helps speed germination.
These are supposed to be the new hottest pepper with an average of 1.4 million on the scoville scale :shock:

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”