LA47
Green Thumb

Started my seeds too early

I should have known better. The weather teased me with lots of nice days and now for the last week we've had snow, rain, and below freezing every night. Snow is forcast for at least the next week, from 20% chance to 80% chance. All I can do is hope I can hold the plants long enough and keep up-potting. Mike should have the greenhouse finished in the next week or two. Any advise would be appreciated.

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Can you cool them down, LA?

Here is an example of what I mean. These are petunias in a greenhouse but you can see the curve and it would be similar for any plant:

"Time from transplant of a completely vegetative 288-cell plug to first flowering took 62 days at 58°F (14°C), 42 days at 63°F (17°C), 30 days at 68°F (20°C), and 26 days at 73°F (23°C)." Department of Horticulture, Michigan State University

So, a plant that will advance from one stage to another in 26 days at 73° will take 62 days at 58°. Lower the temperature and the plant growth & development will ssllooooww.

Steve

LA47
Green Thumb

Thanks Digit, I moved them to an unheated room that stay's about 60 to 62 degrees. Maybe that will hold them until the greenhouse is finished. They look pretty healthy to me.
tomatoes- I have raised the light a little
tomatoes- I have raised the light a little
single tomato
single tomato
Zinna's and Cosmos
Zinna's and Cosmos
010 (Small).JPG (43.39 KiB) Viewed 1032 times

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Well, sure!

They look real healthy to me, also.

I think you are doing good!