Tonio
Green Thumb

Need more lights?

I have about 10 tom seedlings about 5 weeks old ( from sowing date)among others starts.

1 of them is a Japanese Black Trifele (PL) that is about 8 " wide and about 5" tall. The leaves are so large and wide I hardly have enough light space with all the others, as it takes up so much room. This thing is a monster. 8)
Guess I'll need to redo the rack/light set up for next year. I have a T8 4' and 2 T5 2' lights and its not cutting it anymore.

sepeters

Sounds like your toms are ready to go outside. Have you been hardening them off for the garden? Nothing beats the sun. :)

Tonio
Green Thumb

Well I'm supposed to start hardening off tomorrow. But due to the time change, I hardly have any sun before I got to work.

I could put it in the outside shade all day, not sure if thats a good idea. Or I could use some shade cloth in the mini green house.

I plan to transplant on the 20th, so it will be a short hardening session. Or is that pushing it? I usually put them under row covers for a few weeks upon transplanting, but there's some rain in the forecast grr... I did that last year, and got powdery mildew or some other fungal disease they didn't shake off. I do plan to use actinovate prior to putting in the beds and soil drench.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”