Bushman

Nice work! I love the sink set up. Now my brain is running on high! I just built my seed starting greenhouse indoors. Running a heat test now. I want something outside that is large where I can grow all my annuals every year along with my veggies.
Wish I had one attached to the house!

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

Re: Greenhouse is complete!!

I have added a tarp strapped over the top at night. This has greatly increased the heat situation at night. It has also lowered the power consumption!!

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Guys/gals when you need stuff like lumber shop your big box store and look for warped or slightly damaged boards. Then talk to the senior manager on duty. Negotiate a deal. I worked for Lowe's for 7 years and learned a LOT about getting stuff really cheap. You would be amazed at the kinds of deals you can negotiate if you are willing to purchase less than perfect material.

BTW your green house is AWESOME!
Elizabeth - or Your Majesty

Living and growing in Lafayette, La.

When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

Also if you really want to get it all donated you could prob get on craigslist and get most of the material for free

Gardener123
Green Thumb

If my stuff comes in on Thursday, I hope to have this thing built by the weekend, weather cooperating..... I really need to get these seedlings off my dining room table, LOL.
Living the good life with my wife and 2 wonderful daughters!

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

Yeah, I think I almost have enough faith in my heating strategy to put my prized plants out in my greenhouse!! When this happens I will open a TON of room in my grow room to start more stuff!!! it is almost time for tomatoes, peas and other fast growing plants!!

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

I added my irrigation system to the greenhouse and put alot of my peppers in the greenhouse as well!!! I sold all of my first round of Ghost peppers and am awaiting the sales for the rest. I am working with a local charity "Fall Creek Gardens" here in Indianapolis. They have asked me to provide them with plants for their display at a gardening show here in Indianapolis. They want me to sell my plants there!! I told them that if I did it I would donate 50% of my profits to them from any sales I have done for them. They basically teach inner city family's how to grow their own garden and have a community garden for them to access for free.

This whole gardening for business thing is working out ALOT better and faster than I had origionally expected.

ANYWAY here is the new pics of the greenhouse

Gardener123
Green Thumb

OK, I started mine yesterday. I spent about 3 hours on it, but it would have been less if I had had some help. Really all that is left to do is make a door and a window, and then put the film on. I would like to do the film today but it is really windy outside - like 20 MPH gusts. Enough to make a howl, anyway. :P
Living the good life with my wife and 2 wonderful daughters!

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

Yeah calm is necessary to stretch it... Also get some furring strips to screw down to the railing and ends over the plastic. Without it the plastic will tear through the staples in a small breeze. The strips screwed to the plastic is a good look, that also serves a purpose!!

Return to “Seed Starting Forum”