Dewality

I'm becoming relatively fond of this method because I'm starting an indoor garden that i will move to my patio when it gets nice out. Because of the limited space i will have available i don't want to start 10-20 of each seed and then have them all germinate, also only planting 5-10 could result in no germination.....planting things like rosemary that by my research has a 5% germination rate, it seems like a good idea to visually see which seeds are germinating before i plant them. But ya, if i were to plant a full garden or doing entire flats of each type, i would prolly directly sow because you are creating the ideal situations for the plants!

So much good feedback on this topic i thank everyone that has posted...the past 30 days has been like taking a crash course in herb-onomics! So much fun!

IndyGerdener
Green Thumb

So much good feedback on this topic i thank everyone that has posted...the past 30 days has been like taking a crash course in herb-onomics! So much fun!
For me too. And i get to put it into action right away. I am loving it. I have tried this method on peas and beans to see if it works. If they get to big to early i don't care since they are easy to grow. I have been using a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide in a quart of water. This has kept the musty smell out of the bags. And it appears the germination is just as good. I love learning...[/quote]

Return to “Seed Starting Forum”