Oh man, why don't we have an emoticon for kicking yourself!
You all have been telling me about AACT for YEARS. It took the combination of struggling seedlings and a pump/airstone sitting around from dismantled aquarium to finally get me to try it. I put all my stuff together and let it brew for 24 hrs before I started using it. Diluted it 50-50 with water and used it on my seedlings. And left out the alfalfa and other stuff I had been using to try and beef them up, just water, AACT, a little worm bin leachate.
Amazing!! I swear, 12 hrs after I gave it to them, everything was looking happier and growing. It's now 24 hrs (+ a little) since I gave it to them. Every thing has grown noticeably, perked up, greened up, and generally looking as you predicted, Applestar... very happy!!
Outdoors in the past I have made compost infusion, unbrewed compost infused in water. I didn't try that now, so I don't know if it would have helped.
But the AACT was easy and worked so well. I guess I will always have some going after this. You all get to say I told you so a whole bunch!
I gave the seedlings a second dose now, I had just left the rest brewing after I used it the first time. I will probably give the rest to the house plants to use it up, since it's been brewing 48 hrs now...