Susan W
Greener Thumb

Seed start report

I've been re-organizing my micro area in the kitchen, and more in studio then Just Did It! Went through the seed packs, got out the 10 pack peat pellet trays and had fun! Hold the arrows on the peat pellets as they work for me and I can move the small trays around. Here's what I came up with, 1 tray each.
Basil
marjoram
garlic chives
boneset
comfrey.

There's some coneflower in varying stages. One group off the rack in 4" pots. Then a purple (native) sprouting now has true leaves and will move up to 4" soon. A purple TN native was chilled, now sprouting, and Glade, a Ark-TN native chilled and now out on top of frig.

ElizabethB
Super Green Thumb

Sounds great. I ordered my tomato seeds and will plant as soon as they come in. I will plant peppers, cucumbers and eggplants 2 or 3 weeks later. I am looking at transplanting to the garden in March. I grow my herbs in pots close to the house so I will direct sow late January early February.

:clap: Spring is closer than you think :!: Many thanks guys and gals on your herb recommendations.

Happy New Year :!:

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Report time.....
Basil and marjoram waving their 'baby' leaves at you, next in line are dill and garlic chives showing some activity. I will say I am pushing the space-issue-can- down the road as these babies go into 4" pots in a few weeks. I usually double up and put 2 peat pellets (tear down side of netting) in a 4" pot opposite corners.

Return to “Seed Starting Discussions”